Thursday, March 2, 2017

From the Scriptorium: March 2017


March 2017 Edition



Queen of Martyrs is available for pre-order on Kindle!

I am thrilled with the feedback that I have received so far from beta readers and am eager to release Mary's story to the world. If you order today, it will be delivered to your Kindle bright and early on April 12!

'God save the Queen! God save our good Queen Mary!'

When these words rang out over England, Mary Tudor thought her troubles were over. She could put her painful past - the loss of her mother and mistreatment at the hands of her father - behind her.

With her accession to the throne, Mary set out to restore Catholicism in England and find the love of a husband that she had long desired. But the tragedies in Mary's life were far from over. How did a gentle, pious woman become known as 'Bloody Mary'?





Featured Reviews

Read the first Goodreads review of Queen of Martyrs!

Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen on Knight of Angels

Faithful Traitor on Themis-Athena's Garden of Books

Over the Deep on Amazon



Upcoming Event


Join me for An Evening with An Author at the Michigan Library Association Spring Institute in Frankenmuth, MI. Proceeds from this event will support local children's literacy efforts. 

Tickets are on sale now.  I look forward to seeing you there!




In the News

This month I was excited to be invited to History Rocks! Check out my post discussing some strong women who may have been bastardized princess but went on to become queens.

The Fine Line Between Bastard and Princess

I also celebrated the birthday of Queen Mary I with a post at English Historical Fiction Authors that challenges readers to rethink their assumptions about 'Bloody Mary'. 

The Unpopular Tudor


Did you miss it?

Historical fiction author Suzy Henderson wrote a wonderful post for my blog this month on the sacrificial work of Sir Archibald McIndoe during World War II. Check out this amazing story that served as her inspiration for her novel, The Beauty Shop.

Hope in the Midst of War

My post on Reginald Pole receiving news of his mother's execution has skyrocketed to the top of my most viewed articles. I am happy to discover that I am not the only one intrigued by the tragic Pole family.

Reginald Pole Learns of his Mother's Execution


You can also catch up with my Historic Places blog series and take a virtual tour of some amazing destinations!

I have some wonderful guests and posts planned for March, so stay tuned! Subscribe to my blog using the form at the right to make sure you don't miss a thing. You can also follow me on Facebook or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment